- Update the version numbers by running
node scripts/set_version_number.js <version>.
- Make sure that the version histories in
docs/metadata/changelog.rsthave the correct changelogs for the new release and that its release date is set.
If the new release makes metadata syntax changes:
- Run lomad using
lomad -t <github personal access token> -a -b <branch name>to (for all masterlists) create a branch for that release.
- Update the default masterlist branch value and add the old value to
- Tag the commit and push the tag to GitHub.
- Activate the tag's documentation version on Read The Docs.
Be sure to merge post-branching metadata changes that were made in the masterlists' old default branches into the new default branches.